Forex Simulator lets you move back in time and replay the market starting from any selected day. It shows you charts, indicators and economic news as if it was happening live.
With Forex Simulator you are able to place your orders, modify them or close them, just like you were trading live.
Trading historical data saves a lot of time compared to demo trading and other forms of paper trading. It also allows to adjust the speed of simulation, so you can skip less important periods of time and focus on the most important ones.
Key to Success in Forex
- Trading Forex requires practice, but it takes a lot of time.
- Our Forex trading simulator lets you train much faster, without taking any risk.
- No more waiting for certain market conditions or price movements.
- No more having to watch the charts all day long.
- With our simulation software you can control the time and focus on most important moments.
How it works
Forex Simulator works as Expert Advisor for Metatrader 4. It combines great charting capabilities of MT4 with quality tick-by-tick data and economic calendar to create a powerful trading simulator. It uses offline charts, which let you use indicators, templates and drawing tools available in Metatrader.
However, it is not limited to using historical data offered by Metatrader, which is usually low-quality data. It also lets you download and use high-quality tick data from Dukascopy and TrueFX.
Not an EA tester
Our simulator is not an EA backtester. It is not possible to test any trading robots or scripts. The software was not designed for that.
60 Forex pairs, gold, silver, oil, bitcoin, etherum and 12 stock indexes
The software gives you access to all Forex major pairs plus XAUUSD and XAGUSD. You can also run simulations on oil and main stock indexes. Choose your favourite instrument and trade it.
Real tick-by-tick data
Unlike other trade simulators, our software lets you use as much as 10 years of real tick data with real variable spread. The simulator can download historical data from Dukascopy*, which is considered one of the best free data sources, and from TrueFX*.
Use broker's data
Starting from version 1.7 of Forex Simulator it is possible to import historical data from Metatrader and use it in simulations. Now, you can run simulations on all instruments offered by any MT4 broker. All you need is a demo account. Read more about importing data from MT4.Multiple timeframes
You can open several charts at once and follow price action on several timeframes. You can also create custom timeframe charts, like 10-minute chart or 2-day chart. All charts are synchronized and updated tick-by-tick.
More charting capabilities
All types of charts you ever needed in one place:
- Standard Metatrader charts: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, Daily, Weekly and Monthly
- Custom timeframes: M2, M10, H2, H3, 2 days, …
- Second charts: 30 sec, 45 sec, …
- Renko charts
- Range charts
- Tick charts
As you can see, our simulator offers you many more timeframes and types of charts than MT4.
Built-in economic calendar
You have access to current economic news releases at any time during the simulation. You can display them on your charts as well. Economic calendar is downloaded from Forex Factory and contains events starting from 2007. Other news providers may be available in the future.
News can filtered by their importance and by currencies, so you can easily display events that really affect your trading.
Use MT4 indicators and templates
Since this trading simulator is an add-on for Metatrader 4, it allows you to use all built-in MT4 indicators as well as many custom ones. You can also use MT4 templates to prepare your charts quickly.
We cannot guarantee that all non-standard indicators will work fine with Forex Simulator, but there is a good chance that many of them will. Please use our free demo to test your favourite indicators before purchasing our simulation software.
New York Close 5-day charts
The simulator is capable of drawing charts in one of two modes:
- GMT – all charts are based on Greenwich Mean Time (UTC+0)
- New York Close – all charts are aligned with New York trading session close
The difference between these modes can easily be seen on daily charts. GMT charts will render 6 days in a week, including Sunday bar. New York Close charts will render only 5 days in a week. Also, all daily bars will look a bit different as time is shifted by a few hours.
Many traders believe that New York Close charts are essential in trading Forex. The importance of NY Close charts is better described in Nial Fuller's article.
Save your simulation at any time
The simulation can be saved to a file and loaded at a later time. All your trades, pending orders, stop losses, take profits, trailing stops and other settings will be restored.
Fully control the speed
You can pause and resume the simulation whenever you like. You can speed it up and slow it down. You can also step forward candle-by-candle on any chart you like, including tick, renko and range charts.
Moreover, there are 2 possible speed modes:
- Ticks per second – ticks are uniformly distributed in time, for example 2 ticks per second or 10 ticks per second.
- Real-time – ticks are distributed in the same way as they were distributed in real life. Of course, you can also speed it up, just like a video recording.
You can also tell the program to pause the simulation automatically on certain events:
- Hitting SL or TP
- Execution of pending order
- Reaching a defined price level
Rewind the simulation
Starting from version 1.6 of the simulator you can easily go back in time if you need to. Every chart is now equipped with a button which lets you move back bar by bar. All your trades, pending orders, stop losses, take profits, trailing stops, account details and even statistics will be restored.
If you miss the opportunity or you simply increase the speed too much, it is not a problem. The simulation can be rewound by a minute, an hour, a day or by any other timeframe you choose.
Risk-based position sizing
The simulator lets you use either lot-based position sizing or risk-based position sizing. For example, you can set it to risk no more than 2% of your balance or no more than $100 per trade. Risk-based position sizing requires setting a stop loss to work properly.
Automatic trade management
Following automatic rules can be applied to any trade:
- Stop Loss and Take Profit
- Trailing stop
- Automatic break-even
- One-cancels-other (OCO) rule for pending orders
Moreover, you can use order templates to work faster and avoid repeating the same steps. A template can be used to save your trade management settings and load them at any time.
Forex Simulator lets you place pending orders, stop losses and take profits by simply dragging lines on the chart. You can also modify existing orders in the same way.
Save as HTML report
With Soft4FX simulator you can save the history of your trading as an HTML report. It is formatted in exactly the same way as Metatrader account statements, so it is very easy to import it to any third-party tool for further analysis. An example of such tool is Quant Analyzer. It offers quite a lot of useful statistics and features, even in a free version.
Export to Excel
It is possible to save your trading history as an Excel sheet, allowing you to study and analyze it in more depth.
The simulator displays statistics similar to ones offered by Metatrader, including:
- Balance/Equity graph
- Absolute, relative and maximum drawdown
- Maximum, minimum and average spread
- Profit factor
- Expected profit
- Largest winning and losing trades
- Longest/Largest winning streak
- Longest/Largest losing streak
You can access your current statistics at any time during the simulation, not only after it ends.
Basic operations can be done very quickly using hotkeys:
- Ctrl + Space – Pause/Play
- Ctrl + Up Arrow – Increase speed
- Ctrl + Down Arrow – Decrease speed
- Ctrl + Right Arrow – Next bar
- Ctrl + Left Arrow – Previous bar
- Ctrl + B – Buy
- Ctrl + S – Sell
- Ctrl + C – Close last trade
- Ctrl + A – Close all trades
Hotkeys work only in the main window of the simulator, so this window must be currently active (must be the last clicked window).
Specification: Forex Simulator
What You'll Get:
- One-time payment
- Lifetime license for 1 person
- Licensed Version: 2 Metatrader accounts (with transfer possibility)
- Licensed Version: 14 day money back guarantee
- Requires Microsoft Windows and Metatrader 4
Free updates (licensed version only)
Updates are free. All you have to do is to download and install a new version. Your activation code will still work with new versions.
There is no special procedure of updating. You can install the new version in the same way as you installed the program for the first time.
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / 11 (will not work on Mac)
- Installed Metatrader 4 (not Metatrader 5)
- 4 GB of RAM
- Internet connection (the faster the better – downloading tick data may be time-consuming)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (Check and install)
- Recommended: a few GB of free hard disk space for storing downloaded tick data
- Recommended: Full HD screen
$9.99 – $108.00